…the expansion of its digital presence with bytheoverpass, a literary website updated with fresh content blending poetry, prose, art and multimedia projects into one comprehensive catalog showcasing the inclusive mindset of Overpass Books and its dedication to small, interesting projects that evoke creativity and expand the boundaries of literature. We’re asking you, members of the literary community here in and beyond New York, to submit pieces of poetry and short prose, as well as multimedia projects, to bytheoverpass.
bytheoverpass will provide its readers with a daily, digestible chunk of literature and a place where you can go to learn about upcoming readings, book fairs, releases and featuring both the new faces and established old hands who make up the Overpass community.
Please submit all work with a bio of about 100-200 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit written work as a .doc or .docx file.
visual art as a .jpeg (300 dpi resolution or better)
and any videos as a .mpeg, .avi or .mov files.
What we’re looking for:
- Prose (Fiction and Non-Fiction both welcome, but please, try to keep your submissions to 2500 words or less)
- Visual Art (photography, painting, comic strips, visual narratives, line drawings, landscapes, anything bad ass)
- Videos (recordings of readings and performances or multimedia art projects that blend literature and video)
- Upcoming events and happenings
- Anything that destroys the barriers of genre